NTSA Vehicle Search Kenya – Vehicle Ownership Car Logbook Search
Have you heard of the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA)? Do you know it is mandate in Kenya? It brings together under the same roof the roles of motor vehicle registration, transportation licenses, motor vehicle inspection, road safety, road tests and, to a certain extent, the improvement of traffic law. Know more in this article to register on the NTSA portal to receive NTSA services quickly and with the utmost comfort.
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) has launched a new online platform, the Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS), in which you can register and transfer your vehicle and perform NTSA Online Logbook Search for Motor Vehicles (TIMS) . NTSA, TIMS was launched in late 2016 and was initially available for car dealerships.
If you are looking to get car insurance in Kenya, selling or buying a motor vehicle, you will need to perform NTSA Motor Vehicle Search in Kenya. Indeed, NTSA stated that all transfers of motor vehicles would be made online. This requires the seller and the buyer to have an account on the NTSA portal.
Key Functions of the NTSA:
The main functions of the Authority described in section 4 of the NTSA Act are: –
- To advise and make recommendations on road transport and safety issues
- Implement road transport and safety policies
- Establishing road accident inspection reports, establishing systems and procedures for training
- Controlling and authorizing drivers to formulate and revise the driving school curriculum
- Facilitating road safety public education
- Conducting road safety research and audits
- Plan, manage and regulate the road transport sector in accordance with the provisions of the law, and ensure the provision of a safe, reliable and efficient road transport service.
- NTSA registry and motor vehicle registration, motor vehicle inspection and certification
- Coordinate the activities of driving schools with people and organizations working on road safety issues
- Regulation of public service vehicles, government advice on national road transport policy
- Development and implementation of road safety strategies
How to sign up successfully to NTSA TIMS?
NTSA TIMS allows people to transfer vehicles and perform a license plate search at their convenience via their TIMS account
Follow the steps below to create an account and connect to the NTSA portal:
- Open the NTSA TIMS Portal
- Click on “Register Account” in the upper right corner to access the “Register Account” interface.
- Click on the ‘individuals’ icon and ask for verification of the serial number of the individual’s identity.
- Check the maiden name of the user’s mother (for individuals)
- Check the individual PIN code. Two buttons will appear below after verification. Click Next to continue.
- After checking the verification code of the e-mail, enter the Kenyan phone number in the correct format in the mobile number area, click on the “check phone” button to check the phone number, then send an Authorization code button located under “mobile number” box. If the phone number has not been subscribed with NTSA SMS, the system will ask you not to subscribe to an SMS. If the phone number has been subscribed with SMS, click on the button “send the authorization code” and the system will send the code to the mobile phone.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to submit the registration information, this will show successful registration.
How to connect to the NTSA TIMS portal?
Open the NTSA TIMS Portal using the link; you will see in the upper right corner a login button, click on it. This will allow you to view the recording and connection interface.
- Click on the login method to choose whether to login using your username, login or certificate of incorporation.
- Enter the login information according to the method selected above and click the login button to log in to the system.
How to subscribe to NTSA SMS
To subscribe to NTSA SMS –
Visit the SMS portal: Subscribe SMS
Enter your phone number and click on subscribe
To confirm that you are subscribed to NTSA 22847:
- Dial * 100 * 5 * 4 * 1 # for prepaid Safaricom
- Dial * 200 * 5 * 4 * 1 # for Safaricom post-payment
- N / B You must subscribe to SMS to receive notifications about passwords, security code, and other information involved in the process.
NTSA / KRA Logbook Car Search Details Before Buying
The NTSA / KRA Car Logbook Search / Copy of Records provides you with the details listed below that will enable you to confirm with the sellers documents before purchase:
- Name of the owner
- Make of the vehicle
- Year of manufacture
- Engine Capacity
- Vehicle Body Type
- Color of the vehicle
- Registered Logbook Number
- Registered Engine Number
- Registered Chassis Number
How to Search Vehicle Ownership Online in Kenya?
Method – 1 (Motor Vehicle Search)
You can now search for motor vehicle ownership online in Kenya according to government records via the NTSA portal. This is especially critical when you are considering buying a used car. Here are the steps:
- This service costs 550 KSh. This service is payable among others by M-PESA, Airtel Money and VISA cards.
- Log in to your eCitizen account. If you do not have an account at eCitizen, click here to create one.
- Once your account is created or if you have one, login to eCitizen here:
- Select National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) and click on “Get Service Now”.
- Select “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle registration”
- Choose “Search for a motor vehicle (copy of files)”
- Click Apply Now and enter the vehicle registration number without space, for example, KAA567A.
- Select your payment method and follow the instructions on the website to download the requested registration information.
NOTE: The NTSA/KRA Car Search copy of records provides you with the details listed below that will enable you to confirm with the sellers documents before purchase:
- Vehicle Model,
- Body Type,
- Chassis No,
- Engine Number No,
- Year Of Manufacture,
- Name Of Owner,
For Any Other Inquiries Contact NTSA Kenya on 020 6632000/0709 932 000| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method – 2 (Motor Vehicle Search)
You can use mVERIFIED KENYA NTSA Online Motor Vehicle Search – it is a realtime mobile and web platform that offers a more convenient alternative to do searches and verification of legal documents in Kenya – such as NTSA/KRA logbook search and verification (KRA/NTSA Online Vehicle Search done on your behalf using Kenya Vehicle Number Plates).
1. Go to your M-Pesa menu
2. Select ‘Lipa na M-PESA’
3. Select ‘Buy Goods and Services’
4. ‘Enter till number’: 2 0 4 9 4 4
5. ‘Enter amount’: 960
6. ‘Enter PIN’: Your four digit secret PIN
7. Confirm by selecting ‘OK’
8. Fill the required details below