You have to create an NTSA TIMS Account when dealing with issues concerning motor vehicles in Kenya. This is account is different from the eCitizen account.
What is NTSA?
“National Transport and Safety Authority Act (NTSA) is a statutory body established by the National Transport and Safety Authority Act (2012) to bring about sanity in our roads. To this end, NTSA brings together under one roof the functions of Motor Vehicle Registration, Transport Licensing, and Motor Vehicle Inspection, Road Safety, Driver Testing and some extent Traffic Law enhancement.” – NTSA
When to create a TIMS NTSA account
- Buying and selling of motor vehicles
- Booking inspection of motor vehicle
- Applying for smart driving license
- Performing a motor vehicle search
- Applying for Vehicle Registration
- Confirmation of Ownership Transfer
- Accept Ownership
- For Applying change of particulars
- Applying for Duplicate Logbook
- Applying for Reflective Number Plate
- Confirmation of In-charge
- Forced Transfer
- Re-registration of Civilian to Civilian
- For re-registration of Motor Vehicles
- Confirmation of Re-registration
- Accept Ownership For Re-registration
Step By Step Guide on How to Create a TIMS NTSA Account
- Access NTSA’s TIMS website by typing https://tims.ntsa.go.ke. Alternatively, you can search for NTSA TIMS on your Google search and select the first search results.
- Once the log in page opens, locate the register button at the bottom below the sign–in option. There is also an option available at the top of the page.
- Click on the register button to proceed.
- In the next window, decide what type of account you are creating.
The Following Accounts Can be Created on NTSA TIMS Portal.
- Individuals account for both Kenyans and non-Kenyans.
- Dealer account
- Financial Institution
- Company and;
- Driving School account
How to Create an Individual’s TIMS Account
1. After the fourth step above, click on the individual link and enter your Identification document serial number. Note that this is not the ID number but the serial number located on the left-hand side of the document.
2. Click on the verify button. If successful, you will be taken to the next text box. If not successful you will get a message like “The person is not found. Please check the serial number.” This could mean you have typed the wrong serial number.
If you are sure you have typed the right serial number then the next possible reason could be that you have changed your ID. In such a case, you have no option but to visit the Huduma Centre or go to any NTSA offices.
They will simply check which serial number has been issued to your ID and list them down for you. Then you will have to try each one of them till the one that will succeed.
If you get the message “Error: This ID serial number has already been registered in the system.” It means you already have an account.