Kenyans require many documents for a variety of reasons, including job applications. For the most part, the documents can be accessed from online platforms including E-citizen.
An E-Citizen account goes a long way besides getting access to the majority of government services such as those offered at Huduma Centre.
For instance, the account can be used to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate. You do not need to make a physical appearance at any of your Huduma or Police Stations because you can get the e-document using the E-Citizen service.Now to make an online application for the Police Clearance Certificate, you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to the E-citizen website ecitizen.go.ke
- Log into your account assuming you have already created one
- After logging in, select the Directorate of Criminal Investigations section from the dashboard menu. Click on it
- Next, click on ‘Make Application’
- On the next screen, click on the Police Clearance Certificate (Adult)
- Scroll down and click on APPLY NOW
- Make sure you read all the presented instruction carefully
- Then, fill out the details being asked on the application form and then click on CONTINUE
- The next screen will show the details you have put in before submission. After checking them, click SUBMIT
- In the next step, you are asked to make a payment. M-PESA is the popular option, so choose it. The cost is KES 1000
- After making a payment and received confirmation for the same on your phone, then you can complete your application by clicking on COMPLETE
- Lastly, download the C24 form and 2 copies of the payment receipt. These will be required for further processing. At the picking point (at DCI Offices for fingerprint recording and processing), you will also need to bring yourself, your national ID card and its photocopy or a birth certificate and its copy for those under the age of 18 (whose application can be completed by their guardians)