The police clearance certificate is also known as certificate of good conduct. This article will help you apply for police clearance certificate for foreigners.
This is a document issued by the DCI (Directorate of Criminal Investigations) indicating if one has a criminal record.
This process is almost similar to Police Clearance Certificate Application for Kenyan Citizens.
There are several instances you will require this police clearance certificate. Upon completing application and printing the necessary forms, present yourself to DCI headquarters so that your fingerprints can be taken.
The validity of a good conduct is usually one year. However, there are those who will ask for one that is less than six months old.
Requirements for Getting a Police Clearance Certificate for Foreigners in Kenya
- An eCitizen account since the application is done online.
- Your foreigner identification document (Alien ID) and a copy of the same.
- A scan of your passport bio-data page.
- Scanned Original Work Permit.
- A scan of Endorsement of Work Permit.
- Around Kenya Shillings 1,100 on your Mpesa. The official fee is Kenya Shillings 1,050, the rest will cater for the transaction charges.
How to Apply for Foreigner’s Police Clearance Certificate in Kenya
1. Log into your eCitizen account. If you do not have one, learn how to create an eCitizen Account here. You cannot use someone’s account to apply.
2. Look for Directorate of Criminal Investigations options and click on get service.
3. Below recent applications, click on ‘Make Application’ option.
4. Click on Police Clearance Certificate to start the application process.
5. Select the country you are applying from and your duration of stay. This must be over six months to qualify to apply for police clearance certificate.
6. Select your nationality and provide your passport number.
7. Provide your immigration status which is either work permit, dependent, student, diplomat or permanent resident.
8. In the next stage, select the area and location where your fingerprints will be taken.
9. Upload your Original Work Permit, Passport Bio-Data Page, and Endorsement of Work Permit.
10. Review your entry and submit to finish.
11. Wait for the authorities to confirm your application.
12. After confirmation, make payment via any of the provided methods.
13. Print the invoice and C24 form. Access the C24 form from the downloads section on the top right hand side of the application page.
During the Submission You Need the Following:
- Download 2 copies of the invoice and 1 copy of the C24 printed on both sides of an A4 paper.
- Applicant in Person.
- Original ID card and its Photocopy
- Must allow his/her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form C24.
- Visit the station you selected during application.
How to Print Your Good Conduct
After applying and finger printing process, it will take about a week or so for the document to be ready. Once ready it is available on eCitizen portal. Log into your account and select the get service option on the Directorate of Criminal Investigations section.
Under ‘my applications’, click on ‘view’ next to the most recent application. On the right hand side locate downloads option and click on Police Clearance Certificate. Click on print services to download and print the good conduct.
How to Renew Your Foreigner Good Conduct
At the moment, the renewal process of Good Conduct is the same as applying for a new one. You will follow all the above procedure including finger prints being taken afresh.