It is easier to access the KRA iTax Portal and there are two ways you can achieve this. First, you will have to open the web browser on the machine you are using. The web browser is a program for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the web that is the World Wide Web. These are some of the common browser application programs that we use; Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and the Opera browser among others. The listed browsers are also available on your smart phone. So, if you do not have access to a desktop computer or laptop, you can still use your smart phone.
First Method of How to Access the Kra Itax Portal
The best way to access the iTax Portal is to type the web address if you already know it. The web address is “https://itax.kra.go.ke”. This address in quotes is what we refer to as the Uniform Resource Locator (URL). This should be typed in the address bar. You do not have to type the whole address especially the Http and forward slashes, just type itax.kra.go.ke and the web browser will take care of the rest. The iTax page will open and from there on you can be able to log in using your pin and password.
Second Method of Accessing iTax Portal
The second method is to assume that you do not know the web address. You can use Google or any other search engine to search for the iTax portal. Open your browser and type google.co.ke, once the Google search bar appears, type iTax. For Mozilla Firefox users, there is already a search bar provided on the top right–hand side of your browser. To be on the safe side, you can type iTax Kenya. Click on the first result that you will get. This will lead you to iTax portal where you can now log in.
Some Activities You Can Carry Out on Itax Portal
Once you access the portal, there are so many things you can do for instance;
- You can apply for a KRA pin certificate if you do not have one.
- Check if you have filed your returns.
- Apply for a Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Check withholding certificates.
- Make tax return payments.
- Check if your Tax Compliance Certificate is genuine
- Status checker to consult the status of your applications
- Check your general ledger among others.
- File your returns. There are different types of returns depending on the obligation or obligations on your pin.
These Are Some of the Tax Obligations We Have;
- VAT returns
- Income tax individual resident returns
- Income tax individual non-resident returns
- Presumptive tax
- Income tax company
- Income tax partnership
- Advanced tax among others.
Thank you for taking the time to read, hope you gained something useful on how to access the KRA portal.