Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) in Kenya
ecitizen good conduct download in Kenya
A police clearance certificate (PCC) is a proof of your good conduct. It is available for applicants who are currently residing in the UAE and also for those who are no longer residing in the UAE. Learn how to apply and what are the documents needed.
- Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- What is a PCC?
- How to apply?
Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Apply for clear criminal record certificate– Ministry of Interior
- Apply for good conduct certificate from Abu Dhabi Police– Abu Dhabi Government portal
- Apply for police clearance certificate in Dubai- Dubai Police
What is a PCC?
A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), known also as ‘Good Conduct Certificate’ is a proof of the person’s criminal record or the lack of it in the state in which he/she resides. In the UAE, the certificate is issued by police departments across the UAE and it indicates that the person is not accused or does not have any criminal precedents.
How to apply?
The PCC is available for applicants who are currently residing in the UAE, or those who are no longer UAE residents.
You can apply for the certificate online through the Ministry of Interior’s website and/or their smartphone app MOI UAE available on iTunes and Google Play. You can also visit one of the MOI’s services centres and get the document done after filling the application form and paying applicable fees through the electronic payment cards.
In Dubai, the service is available through the Dubai Police’s website or through the Dubai Police smart app available on iTunes and Google Play. You can get it offline through the Dubai Police’s offices.
The following documents are required:
- a valid emirates ID card
- a letter from the beneficiary stating that he/she does not have any pending criminal convictions
- a recent passport-size photograph
- a copy of the applicant’s passport.
If you are no longer a resident of the UAE, you need to get your fingerprint card from the country you are residing in and have it attested by the UAE Embassy there. A fingerprint card is an official report from the police department concerned, which verifies the identity of a person based on his biometrics and decimal fingerprint. Then, you can send your request for PCC online to Ministry of interior- UAE or to Dubai Policealong with the following documents:
- fingerprint card approved by the UAE Embassy
- two recent passport-sized photographs
- a copy of your valid passport
- a copy of your last UAE visa
- the reason for the application.
The certificate is issued upon the beneficiary’s request to be submitted to official bodies for many purposes, which include work, study, immigration, obtaining licences and others.
The certificate can be issued in both Arabic and English. Fees differ according to the language, the applicant’s nationality and the applicant’s current place of residence.
Fees and time of the service are indicated in the service card.