How To Open Online TIMS Account
Services offered by TIMS/NTSA
Having a TIMS account gives you access to the following services
- Car inspection booking
- Duplicate logbook application
- NTSA PSV license application and renewal
- Vehicle registration
- Application for a reflective number plate
- Conducting an online car search
- Motor vehicle booking
- Drivers’ training curriculum and guidelines
- The Kenya driving book
- Confirmation of vehicle ownership transfer
Requirements for registration
In order to create successfully a TIMS account you will need the following
- Computer or smartphone with working internet
- Original ID card
- KRA pin
- Phone and phone number
- Please note that opening a TIMS account is free. If you choose to carry out this process in a cyber, pay only for the services but not for the account.
Steps to registering for a TIMS account
- Go to your phone or computer browser and on the search box type in ntsa.go.ke
- You will land on the homepage of the NTSA/TIMS website. Use this time to familiarize yourself with the page.
- There will be a list of icons and options at the centre of the page to choose which kind of account you want to register.
- If you want a personal account, choose ‘Individual’ and proceed.
- Choose the ‘citizen’ option and proceed.
- Now go to the ‘ID Serial’ box and carefully type in the serial number on the top left corner of your ID card. Please make sure to enter the serial number and not the ID number.
- Once you are sure you have keyed in the right digits, click ‘verify.’
- The next page will require you to fill in some information including your KRA pin, your mother’s maiden (middle) name, and your phone number. After filling all these, click on the ‘send authorization code’ button and wait for a text message to come to your phone.
- Enter the code as it appears on the message and verify.
- The last page will come with another form with different fields to fill including your county of residence and email address. Fill each one carefully to finally finish your registration. Press ‘Next.’
- TIMS will send you a password via text, which you can use to log in to your account.
- Go back to the homepage and choose the log-in option.
- Enter the password that TIMS sent previously and press ‘get code.’
- Enter this code in the provided box and click ‘sign in.’
- When your account successfully opens, go to the top right corner of the page to where your name appears and click on it.
- A drop down menu will appear. Choose the ‘change password’ option.
- Put in a password you will remember and re-enter it for confirmation.
- Once you are successful, you can now operate and access all available TIMS services.
Always remember to log out your account when using public computers. Do not share your password with anyone to avoid identity theft and other malicious acts