National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) Mandate
Functions of the NTSA include:
- Register and licence vehicles in Kenya, to legally operate on the Kenyan roads.
- Carry out motor vehicle inspection and certification
- Public service regulation
- Give the Government advice on national policy with regard to road transport sector
- Implement and develop road safety strategies
- Carry out the facilitation of educating members of the public on road safety
- Conduct research and audits on road safety
- Compiling of inspection reports relating to traffic accidents
- Establish systems and procedures for, and oversee the training, testing and licencing of drivers.
- Lastly, to formulate and review the curriculum of driving schools and coordinate the activities of persons and organizations dealing in matters relating to road safety.
- Make sure car driver has got his car insured.