Foreigners looking to apply for KRA PIN must first acquire an Alien ID Card from the Department of Immigration. See requirements:
- Fill the registration of alien card application form
- Valid travel documents e.g. Kenyan Visa
- Passport size photos (x2)
- Biometric data (fingerprints) registered at Ministry of Immigration
- Registration fee of KSh2,000
The registration process will take up to 5 weeks for the card to be issued. Once the Alien card has been issued to you, it will be only valid for 2 years. Incase you lose the Alien ID card, a replacement costs Ksh. 2,000, biometric data recaptured and 2 passport size photographs.