Are you looking for a way to reset your KRA password without Email? If yes, then this informative article is for you. You will be given a step by step guide on how to reset your KRA password without Email.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is mandated to collect revenue on behalf of the government of Kenya. KRA adapted the electronic platform (iTax) in March 2014 after years of using the manual system. The move aims to increase revenue collection while at the same time ensuring tax compliance.
Forgot KRA Password: What Next?
When you create an account on the iTax portal, the system automatically generates a password sent to your mail. You are required to log in to the portal using the credentials sent to your mail. Once you have logged in, you are given the option of resetting the password so that you can input the one you can easily remember.
If you do not change the iTax login credentials, you can rest easy because you can always find the password in your email. However, if you reset the password, you need to ensure that you remember it. But, if you cannot remember it, there is no need to panic as the tax.kra.go.ke password reset procedure is simple.
All you need is your KRA PIN number, the email you initially used to sign up for iTax, a security question and answer, and you are good to go. Here is the procedure you should follow if you forgot your iTax portal password.
- Visit www.kra.go.ke/portal online services
- On the homepage, there is a command to enter your user ID or Pin on the top left side.
- Once you enter your pin, press the continue button that is at the bottom of the box.
- Another page will appear. Click on the forgot password/unlock account found on the bottom left side.
- KRA will direct you to a third page (KRA forgot password portal) that has a security stamp question. Fill in the blanks to continue.
- You will receive an email from KRA with your login details, including a new password. Use the new password to sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into the portal, you have the option of creating a new password that you will use to log in to the portal.
- You will be prompted to enter the old password, which was sent to your mail.
- You can then proceed to create a new password and confirm it. Ensure you input one that you can easily remember.
- Once you are done with the password, you will be required to choose a security question from the list provided. Give an answer to the security question.
- Agree to the KRA website policy and disclaimer by clicking the check box at the end and click submit. You have now successfully reset the password.
How To Reset Your KRA Password Without Email
What if you don’t remember the iTax email address, or you no longer have access to the email address? Worse still, you could have used the email address of another person or a cyber and you do not have access to it. It is impossible to reset your iTax password without an email.
At this point, you must be stuck on how to reset your KRA password without the email. However, there is no need to panic because there is a way out. KRA offers you the alternative to apply for the change of email address. You can visit the nearby KRA office to request this service.
Alternatively, create a new email account and use it to compose a new mail to email@example.com with the subject “Change Email.“ Ensure that you state the reason why you wish to change the email address. You should attach a scanned copy of your KRA pin and National ID. You may be forced to wait for days to get a reply.
Social media is the most effective tool you can use when applying for a change of email address. All you need to do is send KRA a direct message on Facebook or Twitter requesting this service. You will receive instructions on how to go about changing your email address.