How to Reset KRA Password With Ease
Reset my KRA Pin
How to Update Your KRA PIN to iTax
Here’s How to File KRA Returns 2020 in Kenya
- With the tax man breathing down your neck and constantly reminding you to file your tax returns, you might have forgotten your iTax password.
Considering that iTax is new, you probably signed up and never thought of keeping the password for future use.
Well, here are easy steps for you to follow and reset your iTax password.
First, you need to have your KRA pin number, a working email address (the email address you used to sign up on iTax) and an answer to the security question set when signing up (You will find these details in the email address used for iTax).
The procedure to reset your password begins as follows:
1. Go to the KRA website
2. Check the command to enter your KRA Pin number on the upper left part of the page and click the red button written “continue”.
3. On the next page that appears, check the bottom left of the page and click on the “Forgot Password or unlock account”.
4. Here a new window opens and you will need to pick your security question from the drop down menu
5. Give the answer to the security question you picked and then click submit
6. You will receive your log in details including a new password sent to the email address you registered with.
7. Once you receive the email with the password, go back to the iTax page and use the password sent to log in.
8. It will prompt you to change the password to one which you can easily remember to avoid a similar situation.
If you forgot or misplaced your KRA Pin, visit the nearest KRA branch and carry your original National ID with you. You can also scan a copy of your colored National ID on both sides and send it via KRA email address email@example.com with the subject KRA pin.
Alternatively, visit Huduma centers across the country with a copy of your original National ID.