This is the steps on how to renew a driver’s license with the NTSA eCitizen Portal in Kenya
- Log in to the eCitizen website – https://account.ecitizen.go.ke/login
- Select “National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA)” for the renewal of a driving license application.
- Choose “Submit Application” option and select “Driving Licences”
- Select either “One Year Driving Licence Renewal” or “Three Years Driving Licence Renewal” to renew your driver’s license using mobile money services such as M-Pesa.
- Confirm the application details i.e. Application fee (Driving Licence renewal for 1 year @ KSh 600 and Driving Licence renewal for 3 year KSh1, 400) and Convenience fee @ KSh 50 then Click “Apply Now”
- Review your entry, then click Submit
- Choose a mode of payment that can be through Mobile Money such as M-Pesa or Debit/Credit card.
- After the payment, submission, and successful application, one will be able to print their renewal driving license slip.
That’s it. Below is how to pay for eCitizen services via Mpesa
How To pay for eCitizen services via Lipa na Mpesa Paybill 206206
Step 1: Go to M-PESA on your phone
Step 2: Select Lipa na M-pesa option in the drop-down
Step 3: Select the Pay Bill option
Step 4: Enter the business number 206206
Step 5: asks for account number, which is automatically generated based on the service you used.
Step 6: Enter the amount, which was generated as an invoice.
Step 7: Enter M-pesa Pin Number and Press Send
Step 8: Confirmation message from M-pesa and you are set!