The ecitizen portal is what I like to call the home of convenience. For years, the government offices have been notorious for slow service delivery and frustrations. But not anymore.
In this digital era, things are becoming easier and easier y the day. Remember when you had to queue for hours at KRA offices just to renew your license?
ECitizen portal bring several services to your house or office; Justice, transport, lands and housing as well as the immigration department.
Do you need to renew your license or book for a driving test? ECitizen portal has got you covered. Do you need to register a business name, apply for a passport or do a land search? E-portal has got you covered as well. You make the payments through the mobile phone and you can download the forms and the relevant documents from your computer.
Registration is free and easy. All you need is your ID card number, mobile phone number and a soft copy of your recent passport photo.
To Complete eCitizen Portal Application/Registration
- Visit https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ and enter your ID Number and your first name then click verify
- Enter your email address, the password you’d like to use, agree to the terms and press ‘Continue’
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on the link provided to activate your account
your mobile phone number and click on ‘Send Verification Code’. Enter
the code you receive on your phone and click on ‘Verify’
- Upload your recent passport photo and press ‘Continue’
- You will now be directed to the eCitizen portal dashboard where you can select that service that you need to access from the government departments.