How to Recover a lost KRA pin number in Kenya
How to Recover a lost KRA pin number in Kenya
To retrieve your KRA PIN Online Today
To retrieve your KRA PIN Number Online Today
To retrieve your KRA PIN send colored scanned copy of your original ID to email@example.com or visit the nearest KRA Office or Huduma Center with your original ID.
The Kenya Revenue Authority was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya, which became effective on 1st July 1995. KRA is charged with collecting revenue on behalf of the government of Kenya.
The core functions of the Authority are: –
- To assess, collect and account for all revenues in accordance with the written laws and the specified provisions of the written laws.
- To advise on matters relating to the administration of, and collection of revenue under the written laws or the specified provisions of the written laws.
- To perform such other functions in relation to revenue as the Minister may direct.
What is a KRA PIN?
It is a personal identification number which identifies you for purposes of transacting business with Kenya Revenue Authority, other Government agencies and service providers.
Uses of a KRA PIN
1. NPO’s shall state their PIN;
- On any return, notice or other document submitted, lodged, or used for the purposes of a tax law, or as otherwise required under a tax law; or
- On any documentation required for a transaction specified below as per the First Schedule.
2. One PIN shall be issued to each person and it shall not be used by a person other than the person to whom it was issued.
3. The PIN of a company or partnership may be used by a tax agent when?
- They have given written permission to the tax agent to use the PIN; and
- The tax agent uses the PIN only in respect of the tax affairs of the company or partnership.
Transactions for which a PIN is required
- Registration of titles and stamping of instruments.
- Approval of development plans and payment of water deposits.
- Registration of motor vehicles, transfer of motor vehicles, and licensing of motor vehicles.
- Registration of business names.
- Registration of companies.
- Underwriting of insurance policies.
- Trade licensing.
- Importation of goods and customs clearing and forwarding.
- Payment of deposits for power connections.
- All contracts for the supply of goods and services to Government Ministries and public bodies.
- Opening accounts with financial institutions and investment banks.
- Registration and renewal of membership by professional bodies and other licensing agencies.
- Registration of mobile cellular pay bill and till numbers by telecommunication operators.
- Carrying out business over the internet or an electronic network including through a digital marketplace
What documents do I require to register for a PIN?
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation.
- Copy of CR12.
- Copy of Memorandum and Article of Association (optional).
- Copy of PIN Certificate for one of the company’s directors.
- Copy of Tax Compliance certificate of one of the company?s directors.
- Copy of the Acknowledgement receipt.
How do I register for a PIN?
1. Visit iTax, to initiate the process.
2. Click on New “PIN registration”
3. Select Taxpayer type “Non-Individual”
4. Mode of registration (choose either online form or upload form)
5. Business type as “Others” and select the appropriate business sub type
6. Tax Obligations include:
Income Tax Resident/Non – Resident – This is a compulsory tax obligation for both resident and non-resident individuals for purposes of declaring any income earned within a stipulated period of time. Read More
Pay As you Earn – If you are an employer, you are required to register for this obligation. Read more
Turnover Tax – It is applicable to businesses whose turnover (income) does not exceed Kshs. 5 million during any year of income. Mainly for those in the informal sector where tax procedures, computation and record keeping are basic. Read More
Value Added Tax – Any person supplying or who expects to supply taxable goods and taxable services with a value of Kshs 5 Million or more in a year qualifies to register for VAT. The law also allows for voluntary registration. Read more
7. Select your Source of income if any and provide necessary details under source selected
8. If you are an agent who will be taking care of a taxpayer duties and obligations, you are required to enter their details in the agent details section.
9. Fill in correct answer to arithmetic sum provided and click on Submit
10. Ensure you input at least 1 PIN of the company director(s) to will be used for the initiation process. Always ensure the directors details are tax compliant and is on iTax.
You will receive an acknowledgment receipt on completion of the online application. How to Recover a lost KRA pin number
A follow up email will be sent to you with further instructions on where to present the required documentation for verification or a PIN certificate.
Here is what to do if you lost KRA pin number:
Use your ID to recover your lost KRA pin
KRA runs a free kra pin checker service and which requires that you have your national id card.
Scan your original ID (from a cyber or office) and send an email saying you can’t recall you pin and that you need them to send it to your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kra guys will respond within a few hours and voila, you will have your long lost kra pin back. or call them below
|Telephone (landline)||+254 (020) 4999 999 /+254 (020) 4998 000|
|KRA Mobile number||+254 (0711) 099 999|
|KRA Customers Email:||email@example.com|
Contact KRA on social media
Go to kra itax customer care kra facebook page or kra twitter handle and again, scan and send your ID to their inbox requesting them to send your pin via facebook/twitter.
Seek Help from the Nearest Huduma Centre
The kra huduma guys will ask for your original id then search their kra pin numbers list for your pin. You will have your kra pin within minutes.
Visit KRA Offices
Kra has offices scatted all over the country. You can again visit any of them, go to the reception desk and tell the staff you find “i lost my kra pin what do i do”.
Times Tower Building
Haile Selassie Avenue
P. O. Box 48240 – 00100
|Kra Offices Nairobi Kenya|
|KRA Headquarters||Times Towers, Nairobi (Haile Selassie Ave)Phone: 0711 099999
|KRA Upper Hill||Forodha House. Upper hill close just off. Ngong RoadPhone: 020 2715540|
|KRA Offices, Sameer Business Park||Sameer Business Park Rd, Mombasa Road, Phone: 020 8043522|
|KRA Offices, The Rest of the Country|
|KRA Wilson airport||Wilson Airport, KRA Bldg, Phone: 020 6005635/6/30|
|KRA Thika offices||Thika House, Phone: 067 21701|
|KRA Nakuru offices||Generation House, Kenyatta Aven. Phone: 051 2213891|
|KRA Eldoret Offices||Kiptagich House, Uganda rd. Phone: (053) 2062300|
|KRA Kericho offices||D.C.’S Office, Phone: 052 20104|
|KRA Mombasa offices||Customs House, Nyerere Street, Phone: 041 2314044|
|KRA Malindi Offices||Malindi Complex, Lamu Rd, Phone: 042 2130955|
|KRA Voi Offices||Portter House, Phone: 043 2030297|
|KRA Machakos Offices||Utisi House, Phone: 044 20232/ 0734 954548|
|KRA Meru Offices||Angaine Plaza, Just Off Meru’s Tom Mboya street, Phone: (064) 30713|
|KRA Embu offices||Wanjiru Centre, KubuKubu Road, Phone: 068 31360|
|KRA Nyeri offices||Premier Building, Kanisa Rd. , Phone: 061 2030728|
|KRA Kisii Offices||Umoja Complex, Hospital Rd. Phone: 058 30908|
|KRA Kisumu offices||Swan Centre, Oginga Odinga Road, 1st Floor, Phone: 054 2020509|
|KRA Kakamega Offices||Ambwere complex, Kakamega-Webuye Rd. Tel No. (056) 30358|
|KRA Bungoma Offices||Moghe Plaza (Moi avenue), Tel No. (053) 30543|
|KRA Garissa offices||Harambee Rd, Garissa Town, Phone: 046 2102519|