How to Open a TIMS Account Online Today
If you want to open a TIMS account, you can do so online through the NTSA website. The process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete.
The NTSA TIMS account is an online self-service portal that enables Kenyans to apply and pay for vehicle registration, license renewals, and other services provided by the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA).
How to Open a TIMS Account Online
To open a TIMS account online, you will need the following documents:
- A National ID or passport
- A valid email address.
- Your mobile phone number.
- Alternatively, you can use your eCitizen account to register for a TIMS account.
To register for an NTSA TIMS account, follow the steps below:
- On the TIMS website, click on Register under the login section to be directed to the registration portal.
- First, subscribe to the NTSA 22847 SMS service, accessible at the top right corner of the page.
- Now choose under which category you would like to open your account. In the first field, you will have to provide your ID serial number if you want an account as an individual. Otherwise, you will be required to give a KRA PIN for any other account, i.e., financial institute, company, or driving school.
- After filling in your ID serial number or KRA PIN, press verify to move to the information section. Some of your data will automatically be filled in on the next step for an individual account.
- Then provide your mother’s maiden name, your KRA PIN, your occupation, and mobile number.
- Press the “Send authorization code” button, and you’ll receive it on your phone. Enter the code and verify. More fields will be revealed, and press ‘Next’ to complete your TIMS account sign-up.
- The NTSA TIMS SMS service will then send you a password that you will use to log in to your account.
How do you login into the NTSA TIMS account
You can log in to access the NTSA TIMS service in two ways.
If you have one or two, you may log in to your account using your e-Citizen account on the TIMS homepage.
Now that you have finished the process of creating your account, you will need to go back to the home page to access the TIMS account login page.
Ensure you have your phone with you because you will need it to log in to your account every time.
The following are steps for logging in to your account for the first time
select the method you will use in the login section, either your username, national ID, or alien.
Enter the password sent to you via the NTSA TIMS SMS service.
Press on “Get Code,” enter the security code you will receive, and click “Sign In” to access your account.
Afterward, go to the top right corner of your screen and click on your name to change your password.
A new page will be opened where you will create your password.
After you have logged in to your account, these are the services that you will be able to access
Services offered on NTSA Portal account.
- View all the vehicles you own.
- Apply for your vehicle registration.
- Apply for the transfer of your vehicle ownership to another party.
- Confirm ownership transfer.
- Register for any physical or functional changes to your vehicles.
- Accept ownership for vehicles transferred to you.
- Apply for duplicate logbooks—reflective number plate application.
- Vehicle inspection.
- Apply for a Smart Driving license.
What do you do in case you lose access to your TIMS Account?
Now that you can gauge and see how this NTSA TIMS app is vital, you may need to know what you will do to recover a lost account. In the event of a loss of your account, you will have to follow the following procedure.
- Move to the TIMS home page, below the login section, and click on “Forgot your password.”
- On the password recovery page, provide your “Username or ID number,” and select the category from which you had your account from the drop-down menu.
- In the next step, choose the authorization method you would prefer. Press on “Get verification code,” which will be sent to your phone via NTSA TIMS SMS service.
- Enter the code. Select the security question you had set up during registration and provide the correct answer.
- Press on submit to move to the next step, where you will create a new password and confirm it.
- Press ‘Submit’ to complete your account recovery.
You can access various NTSA TIMS account services via the free NTSA app, available on the Google Play Store.
The services include reporting accidents, checking the status of your driving license, checking your Sacco license status, and verifying your application status, among many other features.
It only takes a few minutes to register for the NTSA TIMS account. The process will be smooth and easy if you have the necessary documents and details. Use this information to get an eligible TIMS account.