How to check the status of your driving license
NTSA driving License checker
Let’s say you’ve gone through the usual vigorous driving lessons, perhaps every day in the evening, nothing comes as rewarding as getting the actual license. Nowadays, it doesn’t take long as it used to, but still, it helps to have an idea of just the perfect time to go for collection. NTSA started rolling out the new generation smart driving licenses in April 2018.
The new NTSA smart digital driving licenses look almost like the National ID and contain personal data including your Blood Group. It has a secure computer chip that contains the driver’s information, which will only be readable through special electronic gadgets which are owned and will be managed by NTSA officials. The issuance of manual licenses is scheduled to be suspended in the near future. Drivers have been requested by the association to apply and acquire the new look smart driving license or risk attracting instant fines in the future.
The smart Dl is valid for a period of three years. Your license serves as the authority that allows you to drive any class of motor vehicle on the country’s roads. You are not allowed to drive on Kenyan roads unless you have a valid driving license.
So how do I check my NTSA license you ask?
The age of internet connectivity has brought many changes to how the government of Kenya delivers its services. Kenyan citizens and Foreign residents can now apply for Government to Citizen (G2C) services and pay via mobile money, debit cards, and eCitizen agents through an online portal that serves as a getaway to all government services at the comfort of your home, The eCitizen portal.
How to check the status of your driving license
There are two major ways to check if your driving license is ready for collection. The first method is through the NTSA driving license checker, and the second one is through the KRA. Let’s discuss extensively the two ways below.
Checking status of the License using KRA RTD checker.
- Go to KRA website.
- On the far-right corner, select online services button and click on it.
- You will be redirected to another page. Pease select ‘case status checker’
- A dialogue box will appear saying you are being redirected to an external page, click OK
- Next you will be redirected to Itax page.
- Input type of case, which registration and reference number as well as date.
- The click on Submit and you will be able to get a response on whether the driving license is ready for collection or not.
Checking the status of the License using NTSA
There are also two ways to check the status of your driving license using the NTSA driving license checker. The first method is through the NTSA app on google play store, while the other process is through one’s eCitizen account. These days when applying for a driving license, one has to do so through eCitizen.
- Log into your eCitizen account.
- Select NTSA tab
- Then select on check status
- You will get a notification regarding whether your license is prepared or not.
checking the status of a driving License using the TIMS website and NTSA driving License checker.
- Go to this page http://www.ntsa.go.ke/
- Select TIMS- it’s on the far-right corner.
- A new page will open
- Here, select register. One can either register as an individual, dealer, agent, financial institution, company, driving school.
- Select whether you are a citizen or not and the input your ID number and click on verify.
- After completing the registration, login to access your account.
- Here, one can be able to check the status of their driving license as well as reapply for one.
Checking the status of NTSA driving license using the TIMS website.
To register on the new NTSA TIMS platform, you need to follow the below listed steps:
- Go here tims.ntsa.go.ke/individual Register and create your account.
- Add initial details i.e. ID Serial number (NOT ID number), PIN number and Mother’s Maiden name
- Add your occupation and phone number.
- Then request for a verification code by clicking on the button next to the phone number.
- Once you receive the code, add it on the verification tab and you will be good to go.
- More to this, one can be able to verify all these documents online using SMS code 22846, if they do own a smartphone.
- The Image below gives details on how to go about this.
A final word on checking your NTSA lincess
These Smart DL will definitely revolutionize road safety In Kenya. The unique new smart digital driving license in Kenya seeks to eliminate fraud in the acquisition of a driver’s license by preventing the development of fake documents from the back streets. Do not be duped into getting a fake license and please use the simple methods explained above to help resolve your issues with NTSA online. Save your time and money!