HOW TO APPLY FOR KRA PIN ONLINE ON ITAX PORTAL
KRA PIN APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The following are the requirements needed before applying for KRA pin.
- identification card(ID)
- Internet connection
- Email address
- Printer (if you want to print KRA)
KRA PIN APPLICATION PROCEDURE ONLINE
Here is step by step procedure of applying for individual KRA pin in iTax
- Access the Itax system by visiting https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/ or using google type KRA portal.
- On your right there is title say ‘Do you want to apply for a PIN?’. Below it there is button for new PIN registration. Click it
3. E-registration- Click on the drop down menu to select Taxpayer Type and Mode of registration
Individual – personal, students, employee, entrepreneurs
Non Individual – for businesses and companies
Mode of registration select online form
4. A. Basic information.
For individual KRA pin click and tick citizenship and before filling anything else go menu bar and click B. Obligation details. Tick income Tax resident .Then return to Basic details in Menu bar and continue filling only the information with red star
KRA REGISTRATION TRICK: This is very important step and trick, if you miss this then you will have problems all through. In the basic information section you only click tick citizenship then go to next tab which is Obligation details and tick income Tax resident. Then come back to Basic information tab and continue filling other information.
For companies follow every step as advised
5. Fill information with red star and enter valid email address. Finally you will see a title saying click here to download KRA and copy of KRA pin will be sent to email