How To Apply For A Birth And/Or Death Certificate On ECitizen
How To Apply For A Birth And/Or Death Certificate
How To Apply For A Birth And/Or Death Certificate On ECitizen And Pay Using Telkom Kenya’s T-Kash
1. Go to the eCitizen portal and log in using your credentials. If you have never signed up on eCitizen then click Create an account and you will be taken through the steps necessary to do so. You only need your mobile phone and your national identity (ID) card at hand to accomplish the same.
Note: if you have recently replaced your national ID card, in the event that your serial number isn’t being logged, use the old ID card’s serial number as it may take a while before details of the new card are captured and updated on the portal and the whole point of using it is that instant services offered.
2. Go to Civil Registration Service in the National Services section of the eCitizen dashboard and click on Get Service.
3. Click on Make Application (blue button).
4. Select the service that applies to you: application for a birth or death certificate for a minor or an adult. Click Apply Now (blue button) in the resulting window/tab.
5. Fill in all the necessary details as guided in the online form that shows up next and upload any required supporting documents (copies of identification documents, birth notifications, burial permits, etc).
- Currently, this service is open for the registration of births and deaths that happened within the Nairobi area
- The service can be used to make both fresh applications for birth and death certificates as well as replacements for lost ones
6. At checkout, when prompted to choose the payment method, select Telkom T-Kash, follow the payment instructions on-screen and complete the payment once the transaction has gone through on your phone.