How to Acquire a Certificate of Good Conduct in Kenya
- With an increase in the number of criminals on the loop, you can never be sure of the real criminal history of your employees unless they have a Certificate of Good Conduct.
- The Certificate of Good Conduct has become a basic requirements when going for job interviews and having one assures your future employer that you have not a single criminal history as documented by the Criminal Records Office (C.R.O.).
Well, the following is a brief guide on how to apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct in Kenya including application, approval and checking for authenticity.
Follow the following guidelines and you might as well be one step closer to landing that dream job.
How to Apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct
- You will need to fill a C24 application form.
- The C24 application form can be downloaded from e-Citizen portal at dci.ecitizen.go.ke or at the Huduma centers or at the DCI offices located at Mazingira House, Kiambu road.
- You will be charged 1050 Kenyan shillings to obtain the Police Clearance Certificate.
- The whole process is done online with the transactions made from any mobile money platforms.
- Provide the following documents at the counter in the DCI Headquarters or any regional Police Headquarters;
- your original ID,
- a photocopy of your ID,
- a copy of your original Birth Certificate for minors
- two copies of the online payment and one copy of the C24 printed on both sides.
- Your fingerprints and palm prints will be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form on your C24.
Certificate of Good Conduct Processing Time
- It takes about two weeks to one month to fully process upon which you will be required to pick up at the DCI Headquarters in Nairobi.
Authenticity of a Generated Certificate of Good Conduct
- You will need to send the word DCI to 21546 which is a subscription to this service.
- Then dial *512# which takes through the verification process.