How do i Register for an E-Citizen Account in Kenya
- Open your browser key in www.ecitizen.go.ke and click on create account tab on the right hand side of the screen.
- This will take you to the create account page where you can choose which different type of account. These include accounts for:-
- (a) Kenyan Citizen: (This account is for Kenyan citizens only. You will need your National ID number and your first name to register)
- (b) Foreign Residents: (This account is for foreigners residing in Kenya. You will need your foreigner certificate and your first name to register.)
- (c) Visitors: ( This account is for nationals who require a visa to enter the Republic of Kenya)
- (d) Business: (This account is for businesses registered in Kenya. You will need your business registration number.)
- On the Kenyan Citizen Tab, click on Create account
- Enter ID Number and First name as it appears on your ID and click on Verify
- After your ID details have been verified. Enter your email address and password and confirm your password. Click on continue and a confirmation link will be sent to your email address.
- Login to the email account you specified above. Once you have logged in you will find an email sent from e-Citizen with a confirmation link. Click on that confirmation link so as to continue with the registration process. The link will lead you back to e-citizen’s registration page.
- Now that your email is verified. Enter your mobile phone number and a verification code will be send to the number you entered.
- Enter the verification code sent to your mobile phone in the next screen and click on verify. This will verify your mobile number.
- Upload your photo to complete the registration process. However this step can be skipped.
- You can now sign in your e-Citizen account using your Email Address or ID Number.
- National identification card/ Alien card
- Passport Photograph
- You must be Kenyan Citizen or a Foreign resident
- You must be above the age of 18
- You must have a National identity card number or a National alien card Number
- Registration is free of charge.
- The validity is forever
Documents to Use
- The registration is done online.
- Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is immediate.
Visit e-citizen’s website Click on the create account option Choose create an account in the Kenyan citizen tab. Fill in the required details and validate account Upload passport photo to complete registration.
- Names as per ID
- National ID/ Alien ID number
- Valid email address
- Mobile number
Need for the Document
- eCitizen enables Citizens and Foreign Residents to apply for Government to Citizen (G2C) services and pay via mobile money, debit Cards and eCitizen agents.
Information which might help
- eCitizen is an initiative by the Ministry of Finance and is managed by the ICT Authority of Kenya(IDA).
Launched in 2014, eCitizen is the first-stop portal for Government information and services, organised with your needs in mind. *eCitizen pioneered the concept of providing cross-agency, citizen-centric information and services, to help you complete your transactions conveniently with ONE government.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- eCitizen is organised to serve your needs without you having to know which government agency is responsible for a particular service, policy or programme.
- eServices is a directory of all eServices offered by the Government. You can easily find an eService using search, or by filtering the agency and type of service.
- Why Ecitizen?
- (a) Single Sign-on. One account is all you need, a single username and password gets you into everything government.
- (b) Convenience. Pay using mobile money, Debit Cards and online banking from local banks.
- (c) Notifications. Receive email and SMS notification every time your application has progressed.
- (d) Online Services. Fill online application forms, submit then receive your permit in PDF format from wherever you are.