What is a Kra PIN?
What is a PIN?
What is a PIN certificate?,
How do I know my KRA PIN number?,
What is the work of KRA PIN?,
How do I get a group KRA PIN?,
It is a personal identification number which identifies you for purposes of transacting business with Kenya Revenue Authority, other Government agencies and service providers.
When should you use the KRA PIN?
Transactions requiring PIN include, among others the following:
- Registration of title, stamping of instruments by the Commissioner of Lands, and payment of Land Rent.
- Approval of plans, payment of water deposits, application for a business permit, payment of Land Rent by Local Authorities.
- Registration of Motor Vehicles, and licensing under the Traffic Act (Cap 403) by the Registrar of motor Vehicles.
- Registration of Business Names and Companies by the Registrars of Business names and companies.
- Trade licensing by the Ministry of Commerce.
- Application for Value Added Tax registration.
- Underwriting policies by Insurance Companies.
- To facilitate importation of goods, Customs clearing and forwarding at the offices of Commissioner of Customs and Excise.
- Payment of Deposits for power connections at Kenya Power and Lightning Co. Ltd.
- To facilitate all contracts for supply of goods and services to all Government Ministries and Public
How to Register
To register for a KRA PIN, we will ask you to provide your Alien ID card.
This is how you register for your KRA PIN.
- Visit itax.kra.go.ke
- Select “New PIN Registration”
- Select “Non-Individual” and “Online Form” as your mode of registration.
- Fill in your basic information.
- Select suitable tax obligation by checking the relevant boxes.
- Enter details of company directors or partners.
- Fill in agent details if you have one.
- Enter result of the arithmetic sum provided and submit.
What documents should a Society submit while applying for PIN?
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of CR12
- Copy of Memorandum and Article of Association (optional)
- Copy of PIN Certificate for one of the company?s directors
- Copy of Tax Compliance certificate of one of the company?s directors
- Copy of the Acknowledgement receipt
How do I register for a PIN?
1. Visit iTax, to initiate the process.
2. Click on New “PIN registration”
3. Select Taxpayer type “Non-Individual”
4. Mode of registration (choose either online form or upload form)
5. Business type as “Others” and select appropriate business sub type
6. Tax Obligations include:
- Income Tax Company – This is a compulsory tax obligation for purposes of declaring any income earned within a stipulated period of time.
- Pay As you Earn – If you are an employer, you are required to register for this obligation.
- Value Added Tax – Any person supplying or who expects to supply taxable goods and taxable services with a value of Kshs 5 Million or more in a year qualifies to register for VAT. The law also allows for voluntary registration.
7. Select your ‘Source of income’ if any and provide necessary details under source selected
8. If you have a tax agent, you are required to enter their details in the agent details section.
9. Fill in correct answer to arithmetic sum provided and click on ‘Submit’
10. Ensure you input at least 1 PIN of the company director(s) to will be used for the initiation process. Always ensure the directors details are tax compliant and is on iTax.
You will receive an acknowledgment receipt on completion of the online application.
A follow up email will be sent to you with either further instructions on where to present the required documentation for verification or a PIN certificate.