TVET HELB Loan First-Time Application Deadline
TVET LOANS by Helb
Kenyan students pursuing Certificate, Diploma and Higher National Diploma courses in select Public Universities, select University Colleges, Public National Polytechnics, and approved TVET Colleges under the Ministry of Education are eligible for this loan and bursary. The loan attracts interest rate of 4% and a ledger fees of Kshs. 1,000 per year.
How to apply as a First Time Applicant
- Visit our website www.helb.co.ke to access the Student Portal and click on “create an account” to register.
- Once the account is created, log in and select the appropriate TVET First Time Loan Application Form [TLAF].
- Read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy and participate in the brief exercise online.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled TVET Loan Application Form [Mandatory]
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities.
- Attach all the documents as per the checklist and present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form at:
- Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and secure delivery; or
- HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi
- Retain a complete copy of the TVET Loan Application Form [This is mandatory]
- Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online TVET loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
- It is recommended that students prudently manage their HELB loans once disbursed to cater for Tuition, books, stationery, accommodation, and subsistence.
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter from the institution
- A copy of the applicant’s National Identification Card.
- Applicant’s KCSE result slip or certificate
- Copies of the parents’ National ID Cards or death certificate where the parent is deceased
- Copies of both guarantors’ National ID Card
- A copy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card
- One recent colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
- The applicant should access and complete the relevant TVET Loan and Bursary Application Form (TLAF).
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the TVET Loan Application Form signed and stamped by the Dean of Students and/or Financial Aid Officer.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled TLAF (Mandatory).
- Drop the TLAF personally at the HELB students Service Centre on Mezzanine One, Anniversary Towers or any of the SELECT Huduma Centers nearest to you
Repaying the TVET Loan
TVET loan repayment starts within one year of completion of studies or within such a period as the Board decides to recall the loan, whichever is earlier. However, one can make voluntary payments before or after completing studies to reduce the loan balance. HELB Loans are charged 4% interest per annum and is repayable up to a maximum of 48 months.
Customer Service Touch Points
Anniversary Towers, University Way:
|Touch Point||Floor||Service Offered||Operating Hours
|Students Service Centre||M1||
|Customer Experience Centre||Ground||
Tel: 0711 052 000
Twitter & Facebook: