The National Transport and Safety authority (NTSA) introduced a new online platform known as Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS). It is designed to help you easily register and transfer your vehicle.
Other services that TIMS offers include;
- Car registration
- Change of particulars
- Reflective number plate registration
- Duplicate logbook application
- Vehicle inspection
- Online car search using the car registration number or the chassis number.
How to Register for TIMS
In order to use TIMS, you first need to register.
- Open the NTSA Web portal.
- The buyer and the seller both need to register an account for the transfer of the motor vehicle.
- Register your account and key in all your details and follow all the procedures to the end.
- Additionally, make sure you click on the subscribe SMS at the top right-hand area of your screen. This helps you receive the security code as well as other notifications.
- After registration, you can now log in.
- Click on the Login method you will use. You can use your ID number as an individual or the certificate of incorporation for companies. The password follows next.
- A security code is then sent your mobile phone via a short message service.
- Finally, click on the sign in button.
How to Transfer Your Motor Vehicle Via TIMS
The transfer of ownership of motor vehicles is one of the core functions of TIMS. A process that used to take ages now works at the click of a button.
- Click on the vehicle registration button.
- Apply for the transfer of ownership.
- Click on the create new menu button and key in the vehicle’s registration number that you want to transfer.
- Hit the inquire button.
- Here you will get the basic information of the vehicle including the information of the previous owner.
- Click on view particulars and upload scanned copies of the logbook.
- In the new owner’s section, the person selling should pick individual/non-individual/financer followed by the details of the buyer.
- Head to the security verification. A code will be sent to your mobile number if you chose the SMS option. Submit the code.
After this, the buyer will also receive a text indicating the completion of the process. The buyer can either accept or decline the ownership.