NTSA TIMS Account Registration in Kenya
NTSA TIMS Account Registration in Kenya
NTSA TIMS Account Registration Online Today
NTSA TIMS Account Registration Account Login Services
Are you looking for a way to register for NTSA TIMS? If yes, then this informative article is for you. You will be given detailed information about NTSA TIMS Account Registration, Account Login, Services, How to Recover NTSA TIMS Account, Benefits, and More.
NTSA TIMS is a no-cost, advantageous, and ideal portal that allows both Kenyans and foreign nationals living and working in Kenya to access and enjoy the NTSA TIMS services. The services provided cater to individuals, companies, institutions, driving schools, agents, and dealers.
Register For NTSA TIMS Account
To create your Transport Information Management System (TIMS) account, you will require a few items. These include:
- ID, either Kenyan or Alien
- KRA PIN
To register for NTSA TIMS account, follow the steps below:
- On the TIMS website, click on Register under the login section to be directed to the registration portal.
- First, subscribe to the NTSA 22847 SMS service, which is free at the top right corner of the page.
- Now choose under which category you would like to open your account.
- In the first field, you will have to provide your ID serial number if you want an account as an individual. Otherwise, you will be required to give a KRA PIN for any other account i.e. financial institute, company, or driving school.
- After filling your ID serial number or KRA PIN, press verify to move to the information section.
- For an individual account, on the next step, some of your data will have automatically be filled. Then provide your mother’s maiden name, your KRA PIN, your occupation, and mobile number.
- Press on the “Send authorization code” button, and you will receive it on your phone.
- Enter the code and press verify.
- More fields will be revealed. Fill them and verify the information you have provided and then press ‘Next’ to complete your TIMS account sign up.
- The NTSA TIMS SMS service will then send you a password that you will use to login to your account.
NTSA TIMS Account Login
There are two ways that you can login to access the NTSA TIMS service. You can either log in to your account using your e-Citizen account if you have one or via the TIMS homepage.
Now that you have finished the process of creating your account, you will need to go back to the home page to access the TIMS account login page.
Ensure you have your phone with you because you will need it every time to log in to your account. Below are the steps on how to log in to your account for the first time.
- On the login section, select the method you will use to log in, which is either your username, national ID, or alien.
- Enter the password that was sent to you via NTSA TIMS SMS service.
- Press on “Get Code” and enter the security code you will receive and click “Sign In” to access your account.
- Once logged into your account, change your password by clicking on your name at the top right corner of the page.
- A new page will be opened where you will create your password.
Services Offered By NTSA TIMS
Once you have created and logged into your NTSA TIMS account, you will get to see the actions you can complete on the platform. You’ll be able to:
- View all the vehicles you own.
- Apply for your vehicle registration.
- Apply for transfer of your vehicle ownership to another party.
- Confirm ownership transfer.
- Register for any physical or functional changes to your vehicles.
- Accept ownership for vehicles transferred to you.
- Apply for duplicate logbooks.
- Reflective number plate application.
- Vehicle inspection.
- Driving license application.
How To Recover NTSA TIMS Account
Since you now know the importance of the NTSA TIMS account and the fact that without it, you can’t be able to access crucial services, how do you recover your NTSA TIMS account?
One of the ways you can lose your account is by forgetting your password, which will make it impossible to access your account. To recover your account, follow these simple steps;
- Move to the TIMS home page, below the login section, click on “Forgot your password.”
- On the password recovery page, provide your “Username or ID number,” and from the drop-down menu, select the category from which you had your account.
- On the next step, choose the authorization method you would prefer.
- Press on “Get verification code,” which will be sent to your phone via NTSA TIMS SMS service.
- Enter the code.
- Select the security question you had set up during registration and provide the right answer.
- Press on submit to move to the next step, where you will create a new password and confirm it.
- Press ‘Submit’ to complete your account recovery.
Benefits Of NTSA TIMS
NTSA TIMS has addressed the challenge of inadequate ICT systems that offer no linkage between payment and service delivery. NTSA TIMS also provides transparency in the registration process and has helped to cut off brokers who took advantage of citizens and made money from them.
The platform has also created a secure method for the NTSA TIMS vehicle registration, transfer of ownership, and many other services. It has enabled easy access to the NTSA TIMS provisional driving licenses (PDL), which are offered to persons who intend to undergo driving lessons. The application of the PDL takes a minimum of 21 days to be approved.
What’s more, it has centralized the application for NTSA TIMS road service licenses (RSL), which enable the registration of public service vehicles (PSV) under companies or SACCOs.
NTSA TIMs has also enabled the provision of NTSA TIMS smart driving licenses (Smart DL), which resemble the National ID and contains a person’s details. After applying for it and making payment through the e-Citizen platform, it will take three days to be ready.
NTSA TIMS Person Not Found
When attempting your registration, you might find such a message popping up. It is because you might have used a serial number from a lost national ID that you have recovered. The reason it won’t work is that the serial number in the system is that of the new national ID that you replaced.