Kra Tax Compliance Certificate
2 Tax Compliance Certificate
What is a Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)?
A Tax Compliance Certificate is an official document issued by
KRA as proof that the bearer is filing returns and paying taxes.
The certificate is issued to an individual or a company.
Why do I need a TCC?
A TCC is a requirement when applying for the following services;
• Government tenders.
• Job application
• Liquor licenses.
• Clearing and forwarding process.
For how long is a TCC Valid?
• A TCC is valid for twelve months only.
• Application for TCC should be lodged 7 days prior to expiry of
the previous one.
How do I verify validity of my TCC?
To check if your Tax Compliance Certificate is valid, download
the new KRA M-Service App or log on to the iTax portal and
select the TCC checker.
3 Tax Compliance Certificate
How do I apply for a TCC?
• It is done through iTax platform or through the M-Service App.
• If the taxpayer has no outstanding tax liabilities, the certificate
is immediately sent to applicant’s email address
• In case of pending liabilities, the TCC application is rejected
and the taxpayer is advised on compliance measures to
undertake before re-applying for the same.
How do I ensure compliance for a faster TCC approval?
To ensure faster approval of your TCC, you must be compliant
• Filing tax returns on or before the due date for all applicable
• Payment of taxes on or before the due date.
• Clearance of all outstanding tax debt or have an approved
4 Tax Compliance Certificate
For further assistance, visit KRA Tax Service Offices countrywide.
For other KRA services call Tel: 020 4 999 999 or 0711 099 999 or Email: email@example.com
For complaints and integrity reporting call Tel: +254 (0) 20 281 7700/7800 or +254 (0) 203 343 342 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org